A dental implant is a popular choice for replacing missing teeth and can give you back your smile. So what happens before, during, and after getting dental implants? If you’re considering dental implants, it’s essential to understand the basics of getting dental implants.
Table of Contents
Here’s what you need to know:
Before getting dental implants, you’ll need to consult your dentist to ensure they’re the right option. During the consultation, your dentist will assess and evaluate your mouth and jawbone to see if you’re a good candidate for dental implants. If you are, they’ll develop a treatment plan.
Next, it’s time for surgery. Getting dental implants usually requires at least two surgical procedures:
- The implant (a metal post) is placed into your jawbone.
- A small connector called an abutment is placed on top of the implant after the implant has bonded with your jawbone.
- The new tooth is then placed on top of the abutment.
The whole process can take several months from start to finish. After this procedure, taking care of your dental implants just like your natural teeth, brushing twice daily, and flossing on a regular basis is crucial. You should also see your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. With proper care, your dental implants can even last a lifetime.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth. Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime, unlike dentures or bridges, which can eventually slip or become loose.
- Dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth. This means you can eat and drink whatever you want without worrying about your teeth slipping or moving around.
- Dental implants are much easier to care for than dentures or bridges. You can brush and floss them, and there’s no need to remove them for cleaning.
- The dental implant can help to preserve your jawbone. When you lose a tooth, the bone around that tooth begins to deteriorate. Dental implants help to stimulate the bone and prevent this from happening.
- Dental implants can improve your overall oral health. They are a lot easier to care for than dentures or bridges, and there’s less chance of plaque buildup and gum disease.
- Dental implants are a comfortable solution for missing teeth. Unlike dentures, which can sometimes rub against the gums, dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone and are not noticeable.
- Dental implants can give you back your confidence. Dental implants can help you feel better if you’re self-conscious about your teeth. With implants, you can smile, speak, and eat with confidence.
A Dental Implant Is a Long-Term Investment for Your Oral Health!
Dental implants provide a natural-looking, long-lasting solution for missing teeth. The process of getting dental implants can initially seem daunting. However, with the help of a qualified dentist, the process can be straightforward and tolerable. Additionally, patients can feel confident knowing that they are making a long-term investment in their oral health. If you are considering dental implants, visit this site nuviasmiles.com/ultimate-guide-to-full-mouth-dental-implants and be sure to consult the dentist to assess your case.